Sam and Sascha have been using liberty for many years as a training tool to start horses and foals as well as part of the rehabilitation process when retraining or addressing problems in horses. Over the years Sam and Sascha have also expanded their skills with liberty and focused on developing a range of horses and teams, including:
- 18 horse liberty team which breaks down into a 10 horse bay team, 4 horse blonde team and 4 horse black team.
- liberty stallions including Friesian, Tike, and Two Andalusians, Espectaculo and Cortez
- entertainment horses used in shows, commercials and TV
The art of working horses at liberty can be helpful in many forms, either recreationally or vocationally and can help in the development of your horse creating:
- confidence in their own decisions as a horsemanship partner
- confidence in you as a partner and trainer
- confidence in their jobs and tasks
- deeper level of psychological balance
- psychological bond stronger than any physical restraints
- deeper level of communication between you and your horse
- a fun way to work with your horse
Now you can share in the joy of working with your horse at liberty through Sam and Sascha’s Liberty Courses following their progressive syllabus from a recreational level through to a deeper vocational level. Contact Us for more information and course dates.
A demonstration of liberty from the ground as well as ridden:
A clip from our ‘Liberty from Horseback’ Clinic:
Recently our advanced students participated in our Introductory Liberty from Horseback course. This was a fantastic course and it was lovely to have advanced students, with a solid foundation, moving into the more advanced courses. This is a must see video!
Posted by Horses and Horsemen on Saturday, 27 August 2016